1. If the refrigerator stops operating after 4:30 PM, keep all doors closed and call the next working day.
2. If the refrigerator goes out on Friday or the beginning of a long holiday weekend, call the emergency number: (910) 997-3316, ext. 9.
3. The Housing Authority WILL NOT be responsible for any food loss due to a refrigerator not operating.
4. Procedures for frozen foods: Pack a cooler with the freezer food and fill with ice. This will maintain the frozen temperature of the food. Check the ice every eight hours and replace ice as needed.
If the range is not working after 5:30 PM during the week, call the maintenance department the next working day. If the range is out beginning on Friday evening or a holiday, call the maintenance emergency number. If one burner is out, this is not considered an emergency. If the broil or bake unit is out, this is not considered an emergency.
Remember the entire range must be inoperable to be considered an emergency.
Water Heater Emergencies
1. If the water heater is leaking water on the floor, this is classified as an emergency. Call the maintenance department and they will drain the water heater and replace it the next working day. On Fridays or beginning of a holiday, call the maintenance emergency number at (910)-997-3316, ext. 9.
Note: If the water heater has to be replaced, efforts will be made the next day for replacement. If the water heater needs to be replaced on Sunday, the maintenance staff will replace it the next working day.